Reaching for GoldBy Sam Cartledge May 2019
Children of CherbourgBy John harding February 2019
Day Hospice guest bus pick upBy Kerry Dmytrenko February 2019
Kensington Social Inclusion Week LunchBy Carolyn Webster August 2018
The arts as a therapy in stroke recoveryBy Carly Stephens August 2018
ANIKABy Perveen Maan May 2018
Wheelie Good GreenhouseBy Morgan Koegel March 2018
Let's readBy Andrew Kay February 2018
Kids' Urban DreamingBy Clare Walton February 2018
Teddy Bears PicnicBy Georgia Jacobs & Fartun Abdi November 2017
An awesome VIP Day for Melbourne's homelessBy Marcus Crook November 2017
Equal Access to Healthcare for Transgender PeopleBy Tina Shaw September 2017
Dinosaur- Library Takeover: Kids change the world!By Erin Wicking September 2017
The Strong Sunflower bookBy Writing Through Fences - Janet Galbraith & Rose Turtle Ertler July 2017
Gravity InitiativeBy Emily Serle June 2017
KitestringBy Ryan Hubbard April 2017
Pay A sack ForwardBy Kunti Benson March 2017
Friendship Dog FoundationBy Hari Jeevakumar February 2017
Audio Description in VictoriaBy Will McRostie January 2017
Greening Kensington’s Industrial StreetsBy Loretta Curtin November 2016
Pihuru Community Sanitation ProjectBy Silas Wagatora October 2016
The Ultimate Pop Up Junkyard PlaygroundBy Clare Walton September 2016
Complimentary CaravanBy Rose Turtle Ertler August 2016
Pumped for ParoleBy Fiona Grinwald July 2016
Mechanical YouthBy Shane Elmore May 2016
The Day Dream ProgramBy Madeleine Buchner April 2016
The Wonder Woman BootcampBy Olivia Shelton March 2016
Community Workshop: On The MoveBy Margaux Hayes January 2016
Unique walking tours of MelbourneBy Joanne Jenkins December 2015
Be. Bangles - Inspirational bangles for womenBy Chantelle Baxter October 2015
The Tasmanian Tree ProjectBy Jennifer Sanger September 2015
Happy HubbubBy Erin Richards August 2015
InstagranBy Kyle Vermeulen August 2015
PROJECT HONEYCOMBBy Christopher Kowalski July 2015
Sunshine Children's GardenBy Joyce Watts / Jo Skaldzien June 2015
Up-skilling at Norm Community WorkshopBy margaux hayes May 2015
Second Star - Mermaid BarBy Brianna Lund April 2015
The Welcome Dinner Project VictoriaBy Meagan Williams April 2015
Long Johns CondomsBy Brad Zadow April 2015
The Man CaveBy Hunter Johnson April 2015
Australian Ichthyosis MeetBy Carly Findlay January 2015
Wearable Arts Experience - From Concept to catwalkBy Alison Jones November 2014
The Melbourne Hidden GiftBy Hidden Gift Melbourne October 2014
Long Street Coffee Training Pop-upBy Jane Marx September 2014
PointsThingBy Jacob Kemsley August 2014
Our World Our VisionBy Atalanti Dionysus August 2014
TEAM OF LIFEBy KAGE (Submitted by Simone Schinkel - General Manager and Producer at KAGE) June 2014
Bosom BuddiesBy Anna Kaplan May 2014
Electrical Wiring Pilot Program for Women in NepalBy Briony Mackenzie May 2014
EDDIES BACKPACKSBy DARRELL J CRUSE April 2014
Seen & Heard Film Festival - MelbourneBy Mia Falstein-Rush February 2014
National Boat DayBy Michael Roper December 2013
Traveling Gypsy for DisabledBy Robert Willi Fantom October 2013
GrowstuffBy Alex Bayley September 2013
Mini Free LibraryBy Lisa D'Onofrio September 2013
The Grantmaker Jukebox: Music that makes new grantBy Rachael Byrnes February 2013
PetHomeStay Videos - Sharing the Care of Pets!By Tom LeGrice December 2012
Beerend - It's like a bookend for your beerBy Zac Martin November 2012
ideservetooBy Juste Angelo Compaore November 2012
Good CyclesBy luke wright October 2012
All Of The NumbersBy Kealey Nutt - @kealey September 2012
Do it on the RoofBy Dr Shelley Meagher August 2012
Handmade Dog Coats & Vests for Pounds and Rescues.By Tania Quinlan August 2012
The World's First Comfort Zone CalculatorBy Marcus Taylor August 2012
Freelove Magazine MelbourneBy Scott Ashby June 2012
Roll-Up Bike Valet for Park(ing) Day 2012By Joyce Watts May 2012
The Ownership ProjectBy The Ownership Project May 2012
Poo Power!By Duncan Chew April 2012
httpmoteBy Mitch Denny April 2012
Do It In a DressBy Chantelle July 2011
Mini Macaron Melbourne CampaignBy Linda Kowalski May 2011
Trams + Music = Tram SessionsBy Nick Wallberg March 2011
Melbourne City Rooftop HoneyBy Vanessa Kwiatkowski January 2011
We're all into one thing: seeing good ideas go from idea to completion. Especially the kooky ones.
Applications are open to all awesome projects in the greater Melbourne area, we are an active chapter which awards a $1000 grant on the last Tuesday of each month (Applications close 12pm on the last Sunday).
The Melbourne chapter consists of 10 board members who meet each month to review every application. Each board member contributes $100 to the winner's grant. This means you're asking strangers to give you money out of their pocket with no strings attached. Keep that in mind as you write your application.
- Winners will be emailed within 3 business days of the last Tuesday of each month.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not receive feedback on their submissions or be notified of the outcome (we are volunteers and simply do not have the capacity, sorry).
- Money will only be transferred to Australian bank accounts. If you are from overseas, sorry, try your local Awesome Foundation.
- You are welcome to resubmit an application for the same (or a different) project.
- For the best chance of success please read and follow the guidelines below.
Please read the information below to give your application the best chance of success.
- Innovative, exciting and unusual ideas.
- Seriously, we're here to fund the ideas that other foundations won't, so weird is great!
- Applications that clearly explain where the money will be spent. (Hint: "marketing" or "website" isn't specific enough.)
- Ideas filled with passion.
- Projects where the grant will be a catalyst to kickstart something truly awesome.
- People who are so dedicated to doing something awesome that they'll read all of the bullet points before applying. Please include the word "dinosaur" at the beginning of your application to show us you're serious.
- Brief pitches. Must fit on 1 A4 page.
We are not so keen on:
- Paying for your rent or living expenses.
- Funding marketing for existing projects.
- Giving money to a project that already has a load of funding; we want to make something happen!
- Funding travel expenses or for "experience"
- Proposals that are not clear what the impact would be of the grant - tell us what SUCCESS looks like.
- Long pitches.
Bonus hint: Our decision often comes down to how well you've answer the question 'How will you use the money?' Please make sure you take some time to be really clear and specific about what the grant would be spent on and what that would achieve.