Wheels for DancingОт Jacqi Spencer September 2019
Fifth Element Academy: Math + Hip HopОт Preethi Vergis August 2019
'I AM' art exhibitionОт Lenka Brazda July 2019
Now You See UsОт Lee Cohen June 2019
Reaching for GoldОт Sam Cartledge May 2019
Children of CherbourgОт John harding February 2019
Day Hospice guest bus pick upОт Kerry Dmytrenko February 2019
Kensington Social Inclusion Week LunchОт Carolyn Webster August 2018
The arts as a therapy in stroke recoveryОт Carly Stephens August 2018
ANIKAОт Perveen Maan May 2018
Wheelie Good GreenhouseОт Morgan Koegel March 2018
Let's readОт Andrew Kay February 2018
Kids' Urban DreamingОт Clare Walton February 2018
Teddy Bears PicnicОт Georgia Jacobs & Fartun Abdi November 2017
An awesome VIP Day for Melbourne's homelessОт Marcus Crook November 2017
Equal Access to Healthcare for Transgender PeopleОт Tina Shaw September 2017
Dinosaur- Library Takeover: Kids change the world!От Erin Wicking September 2017
The Strong Sunflower bookОт Writing Through Fences - Janet Galbraith & Rose Turtle Ertler July 2017
Gravity InitiativeОт Emily Serle June 2017
KitestringОт Ryan Hubbard April 2017
Pay A sack ForwardОт Kunti Benson March 2017
Friendship Dog FoundationОт Hari Jeevakumar February 2017
Audio Description in VictoriaОт Will McRostie January 2017
Greening Kensington’s Industrial StreetsОт Loretta Curtin November 2016
Pihuru Community Sanitation ProjectОт Silas Wagatora October 2016
The Ultimate Pop Up Junkyard PlaygroundОт Clare Walton September 2016
Complimentary CaravanОт Rose Turtle Ertler August 2016
Pumped for ParoleОт Fiona Grinwald July 2016
Mechanical YouthОт Shane Elmore May 2016
The Day Dream ProgramОт Madeleine Buchner April 2016
The Wonder Woman BootcampОт Olivia Shelton March 2016
Community Workshop: On The MoveОт Margaux Hayes January 2016
Unique walking tours of MelbourneОт Joanne Jenkins December 2015
Be. Bangles - Inspirational bangles for womenОт Chantelle Baxter October 2015
The Tasmanian Tree ProjectОт Jennifer Sanger September 2015
Happy HubbubОт Erin Richards August 2015
InstagranОт Kyle Vermeulen August 2015
PROJECT HONEYCOMBОт Christopher Kowalski July 2015
Sunshine Children's GardenОт Joyce Watts / Jo Skaldzien June 2015
Up-skilling at Norm Community WorkshopОт margaux hayes May 2015
The Welcome Dinner Project VictoriaОт Meagan Williams April 2015
Second Star - Mermaid BarОт Brianna Lund April 2015
The Man CaveОт Hunter Johnson April 2015
Long Johns CondomsОт Brad Zadow April 2015
Australian Ichthyosis MeetОт Carly Findlay January 2015
Wearable Arts Experience - From Concept to catwalkОт Alison Jones November 2014
The Melbourne Hidden GiftОт Hidden Gift Melbourne October 2014
Long Street Coffee Training Pop-upОт Jane Marx September 2014
PointsThingОт Jacob Kemsley August 2014
Our World Our VisionОт Atalanti Dionysus August 2014
TEAM OF LIFEОт KAGE (Submitted by Simone Schinkel - General Manager and Producer at KAGE) June 2014
Bosom BuddiesОт Anna Kaplan May 2014
Electrical Wiring Pilot Program for Women in NepalОт Briony Mackenzie May 2014
EDDIES BACKPACKSОт DARRELL J CRUSE April 2014
Seen & Heard Film Festival - MelbourneОт Mia Falstein-Rush February 2014
National Boat DayОт Michael Roper December 2013
Traveling Gypsy for DisabledОт Robert Willi Fantom October 2013
GrowstuffОт Alex Bayley September 2013
Mini Free LibraryОт Lisa D'Onofrio September 2013
The Grantmaker Jukebox: Music that makes new grantОт Rachael Byrnes February 2013
PetHomeStay Videos - Sharing the Care of Pets!От Tom LeGrice December 2012
Beerend - It's like a bookend for your beerОт Zac Martin November 2012
ideservetooОт Juste Angelo Compaore November 2012
Good CyclesОт luke wright October 2012
All Of The NumbersОт Kealey Nutt - @kealey September 2012
Do it on the RoofОт Dr Shelley Meagher August 2012
Handmade Dog Coats & Vests for Pounds and Rescues.От Tania Quinlan August 2012
The World's First Comfort Zone CalculatorОт Marcus Taylor August 2012
Freelove Magazine MelbourneОт Scott Ashby June 2012
Roll-Up Bike Valet for Park(ing) Day 2012От Joyce Watts May 2012
The Ownership ProjectОт The Ownership Project May 2012
httpmoteОт Mitch Denny April 2012
Poo Power!От Duncan Chew April 2012
Do It In a DressОт Chantelle July 2011
Mini Macaron Melbourne CampaignОт Linda Kowalski May 2011
Trams + Music = Tram SessionsОт Nick Wallberg March 2011
Melbourne City Rooftop HoneyОт Vanessa Kwiatkowski January 2011
We're all into one thing: seeing good ideas go from idea to completion. Especially the kooky ones.
Applications are open to all awesome projects in the greater Melbourne area, we are an active chapter which awards a $1000 grant on the last Tuesday of each month (Applications close 12pm on the last Sunday).
The Melbourne chapter consists of 10 board members who meet each month to review every application. Each board member contributes $100 to the winner's grant. This means you're asking strangers to give you money out of their pocket with no strings attached. Keep that in mind as you write your application.
- Winners will be emailed within 3 business days of the last Tuesday of each month.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not receive feedback on their submissions or be notified of the outcome (we are volunteers and simply do not have the capacity, sorry).
- Money will only be transferred to Australian bank accounts. If you are from overseas, sorry, try your local Awesome Foundation.
- You are welcome to resubmit an application for the same (or a different) project.
- For the best chance of success please read and follow the guidelines below.
Please read the information below to give your application the best chance of success.
- Innovative, exciting and unusual ideas.
- Seriously, we're here to fund the ideas that other foundations won't, so weird is great!
- Applications that clearly explain where the money will be spent. (Hint: "marketing" or "website" isn't specific enough.)
- Ideas filled with passion.
- Projects where the grant will be a catalyst to kickstart something truly awesome.
- People who are so dedicated to doing something awesome that they'll read all of the bullet points before applying. Please include the word "dinosaur" at the beginning of your application to show us you're serious.
- Brief pitches. Must fit on 1 A4 page.
We are not so keen on:
- Paying for your rent or living expenses.
- Funding marketing for existing projects.
- Giving money to a project that already has a load of funding; we want to make something happen!
- Funding travel expenses or for "experience"
- Proposals that are not clear what the impact would be of the grant - tell us what SUCCESS looks like.
- Long pitches.
Bonus hint: Our decision often comes down to how well you've answer the question 'How will you use the money?' Please make sure you take some time to be really clear and specific about what the grant would be spent on and what that would achieve.