Reaching for Goldըստ Sam Cartledge May 2019
Children of Cherbourgըստ John harding February 2019
Day Hospice guest bus pick upըստ Kerry Dmytrenko February 2019
Kensington Social Inclusion Week Lunchըստ Carolyn Webster August 2018
The arts as a therapy in stroke recoveryըստ Carly Stephens August 2018
ANIKAըստ Perveen Maan May 2018
Wheelie Good Greenhouseըստ Morgan Koegel March 2018
Let's readըստ Andrew Kay February 2018
Kids' Urban Dreamingըստ Clare Walton February 2018
Teddy Bears Picnicըստ Georgia Jacobs & Fartun Abdi November 2017
An awesome VIP Day for Melbourne's homelessըստ Marcus Crook November 2017
Equal Access to Healthcare for Transgender Peopleըստ Tina Shaw September 2017
Dinosaur- Library Takeover: Kids change the world!ըստ Erin Wicking September 2017
The Strong Sunflower bookըստ Writing Through Fences - Janet Galbraith & Rose Turtle Ertler July 2017
Gravity Initiativeըստ Emily Serle June 2017
Kitestringըստ Ryan Hubbard April 2017
Pay A sack Forwardըստ Kunti Benson March 2017
Friendship Dog Foundationըստ Hari Jeevakumar February 2017
Audio Description in Victoriaըստ Will McRostie January 2017
Greening Kensington’s Industrial Streetsըստ Loretta Curtin November 2016
Pihuru Community Sanitation Projectըստ Silas Wagatora October 2016
The Ultimate Pop Up Junkyard Playgroundըստ Clare Walton September 2016
Complimentary Caravanըստ Rose Turtle Ertler August 2016
Pumped for Paroleըստ Fiona Grinwald July 2016
Mechanical Youthըստ Shane Elmore May 2016
The Day Dream Programըստ Madeleine Buchner April 2016
The Wonder Woman Bootcampըստ Olivia Shelton March 2016
Community Workshop: On The Moveըստ Margaux Hayes January 2016
Unique walking tours of Melbourneըստ Joanne Jenkins December 2015
Be. Bangles - Inspirational bangles for womenըստ Chantelle Baxter October 2015
The Tasmanian Tree Projectըստ Jennifer Sanger September 2015
Happy Hubbubըստ Erin Richards August 2015
Instagranըստ Kyle Vermeulen August 2015
PROJECT HONEYCOMBըստ Christopher Kowalski July 2015
Sunshine Children's Gardenըստ Joyce Watts / Jo Skaldzien June 2015
Up-skilling at Norm Community Workshopըստ margaux hayes May 2015
Second Star - Mermaid Barըստ Brianna Lund April 2015
The Welcome Dinner Project Victoriaըստ Meagan Williams April 2015
Long Johns Condomsըստ Brad Zadow April 2015
The Man Caveըստ Hunter Johnson April 2015
Australian Ichthyosis Meetըստ Carly Findlay January 2015
Wearable Arts Experience - From Concept to catwalkըստ Alison Jones November 2014
The Melbourne Hidden Giftըստ Hidden Gift Melbourne October 2014
Long Street Coffee Training Pop-upըստ Jane Marx September 2014
PointsThingըստ Jacob Kemsley August 2014
Our World Our Visionըստ Atalanti Dionysus August 2014
TEAM OF LIFEըստ KAGE (Submitted by Simone Schinkel - General Manager and Producer at KAGE) June 2014
Bosom Buddiesըստ Anna Kaplan May 2014
Electrical Wiring Pilot Program for Women in Nepalըստ Briony Mackenzie May 2014
EDDIES BACKPACKSըստ DARRELL J CRUSE April 2014
Seen & Heard Film Festival - Melbourneըստ Mia Falstein-Rush February 2014
National Boat Dayըստ Michael Roper December 2013
Traveling Gypsy for Disabledըստ Robert Willi Fantom October 2013
Growstuffըստ Alex Bayley September 2013
Mini Free Libraryըստ Lisa D'Onofrio September 2013
The Grantmaker Jukebox: Music that makes new grantըստ Rachael Byrnes February 2013
PetHomeStay Videos - Sharing the Care of Pets!ըստ Tom LeGrice December 2012
Beerend - It's like a bookend for your beerըստ Zac Martin November 2012
ideservetooըստ Juste Angelo Compaore November 2012
Good Cyclesըստ luke wright October 2012
All Of The Numbersըստ Kealey Nutt - @kealey September 2012
Do it on the Roofըստ Dr Shelley Meagher August 2012
Handmade Dog Coats & Vests for Pounds and Rescues.ըստ Tania Quinlan August 2012
The World's First Comfort Zone Calculatorըստ Marcus Taylor August 2012
Freelove Magazine Melbourneըստ Scott Ashby June 2012
Roll-Up Bike Valet for Park(ing) Day 2012ըստ Joyce Watts May 2012
The Ownership Projectըստ The Ownership Project May 2012
Poo Power!ըստ Duncan Chew April 2012
httpmoteըստ Mitch Denny April 2012
Do It In a Dressըստ Chantelle July 2011
Mini Macaron Melbourne Campaignըստ Linda Kowalski May 2011
Trams + Music = Tram Sessionsըստ Nick Wallberg March 2011
Melbourne City Rooftop Honeyըստ Vanessa Kwiatkowski January 2011
We're all into one thing: seeing good ideas go from idea to completion. Especially the kooky ones.
Applications are open to all awesome projects in the greater Melbourne area, we are an active chapter which awards a $1000 grant on the last Tuesday of each month (Applications close 12pm on the last Sunday).
The Melbourne chapter consists of 10 board members who meet each month to review every application. Each board member contributes $100 to the winner's grant. This means you're asking strangers to give you money out of their pocket with no strings attached. Keep that in mind as you write your application.
- Winners will be emailed within 3 business days of the last Tuesday of each month.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not receive feedback on their submissions or be notified of the outcome (we are volunteers and simply do not have the capacity, sorry).
- Money will only be transferred to Australian bank accounts. If you are from overseas, sorry, try your local Awesome Foundation.
- You are welcome to resubmit an application for the same (or a different) project.
- For the best chance of success please read and follow the guidelines below.
Please read the information below to give your application the best chance of success.
- Innovative, exciting and unusual ideas.
- Seriously, we're here to fund the ideas that other foundations won't, so weird is great!
- Applications that clearly explain where the money will be spent. (Hint: "marketing" or "website" isn't specific enough.)
- Ideas filled with passion.
- Projects where the grant will be a catalyst to kickstart something truly awesome.
- People who are so dedicated to doing something awesome that they'll read all of the bullet points before applying. Please include the word "dinosaur" at the beginning of your application to show us you're serious.
- Brief pitches. Must fit on 1 A4 page.
We are not so keen on:
- Paying for your rent or living expenses.
- Funding marketing for existing projects.
- Giving money to a project that already has a load of funding; we want to make something happen!
- Funding travel expenses or for "experience"
- Proposals that are not clear what the impact would be of the grant - tell us what SUCCESS looks like.
- Long pitches.
Bonus hint: Our decision often comes down to how well you've answer the question 'How will you use the money?' Please make sure you take some time to be really clear and specific about what the grant would be spent on and what that would achieve.