On December 9-10, Awesome Buffalo joined Awesome Foundation chapters from around the world to call on people in our community to do something awesome. Through this project, we hope to create a ripple effect of kindness and creativity.
During Awesome Weekend, pink envelopes were handed out to strangers on the street, each containing $10 and a letter encouraging recipients to do something awesome with the cash, no strings attached. Suggestions of what to do with the $10 included:
- Buy some dog treats and make some friends in Buffalo.
- Hide it in your favorite book at the library.
- Give it to the next grumpy person you see.
- Pick up stamps and send out some joy-filled letters.
- Buy a bouquet of flowers and randomly give them away.
Funded by Buffalo, NY (December 2017)