The Creative City Project is excited to announce Creative City Project 2016
FREE, arts festival in the heart of Downtown Orlando Saturday, October 15, 2016
5 PM - 11 PM
• Acrobats from Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba performing from a crane high above Orange Ave.
• An immersive Orchestral Experience by the Central Florida Community Arts Orchestra and Big Band
• New dance performances by Orlando Ballet
• For the first time in 2016, a performance by the Orlando Philharmonic
And performances and interactive installations from hundreds of artists from Central Florida and beyond!
The Creative City Project is an arts non-profit with a three-fold mission :
• Cultivate a thriving arts community in Central Florida.
• Nurture a deeper sense of ownership of and care for Orlando amongst its residents. • Shape the global perception of our city as one known for innovation and creativity.
Additional Act Highlights
• Red Bull BBoys : Some of the best break dancers in the world dancing at the Red Bull Stage
• Accidental Music Festival : 40 instrumentalists and vocalists present John Luther Adams’ 70 minute, immersive orchestral piece, “Sila: The Breath of the World.”
• The Cook Trio : Three piece “gypsy jazz.”
• SAK Comedy Lab : Live, improv street theater
• The Radial Conservancy : From Nashville, TN; An ensemble of classical and modern musicians pair in collaboration with immersive projection artists
• Maitland Stage Band : a big band of more than 15 musicians
• “Carnivals, Cultures and Diversities” : a celebration of Latin American music and dance
• Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra : Central Florida’s best student musicians perform live
• Gregg Pollack’s, “The Audio Experiment” : An interactive app that leads people through the streets and public spaces of Downtown Orlando with a new, creative perspective.
• Asian Cultural Association : Live music from eastern cultures
• The Strolling Piano : A piano on wheels that travels the streets
Funded by Orlando, FL (November 2016)