Homeless BackpacksОт Katie Cowgill June 2020
HYSOC Video Collage in the Time of Covid-19От Daniel Perry May 2020
Build a Deck for The Roaming Root!От Erica Moeller April 2020
Haines and Klukwan local produce SNAP accessОт Sally Boisvert March 2020
The Far North Quilt Trail ProjectОт Somer Hahm February 2020
Bilingual Voter Information CalendarОт Lina Mariscal January 2020
An Intimate Evening with Your DataОт Vanessa Raymond December 2019
RISE ProgramОт Nicole Murphy November 2019
Traditional dugout canoe enhancementОт Glenn "Stormy" Hamar October 2019
Opening a bicycle collective in Sitka, AlaskaОт Alyssa Russell September 2019
SilaОт Sonia Luokkala August 2019
Blossom HouseОт Jody Hassel July 2019
Esther Shea Native Arts Institute for YouthОт Richard Jackson June 2019
P.O.P.-Promote Our PollinatorsОт Anna DeVolld May 2019
Chess for Vets and Girl Scouts of America: AlaskaОт Colleen Evanco April 2019
Art Materials for Artists with DisabilitiesОт Phoebe Gonzales Rohrbacher March 2019
Visit and Play at the Fairbanks Children's MuseumОт Meredith Maple February 2019
Phones for Homeless YouthОт Kelly King January 2019
4th Ave pop upОт Jimmy Riordan December 2018
IAFN Community PantriesОт Michelle Ohnesorge November 2018
Supporting Literary Events In Seward, AlaskaОт Shauna Potocky October 2018
KONR 106.1 LPFM - TransmitterОт Ryan Anderson September 2018
Spruce Root ApprenticeshipОт Kayla Williams and Trevan Kan August 2018
of relationОт Enzina Marrari July 2018
Keys to Life Eyes Closed ProjectОт Shirley Staten and Gabriela Olmos June 2018
Housing and Homeless CoalitionОт Eloy Ponce June 2018
Yup’ik Masks – Unfolding the Past to Our Present GОт Benjamin Charles April 2018
Books for BOB the Bookmobile!От Mercedes Harness / Friends of the Homer Library March 2018
Pottery OutreachОт Matthew Van Atta February 2018
Reaching Addicts & the families that love themОт Keri-Ann Calderwood Baker January 2018
Alaska Dinosaurs Color and Learn BookОт Deborah Klein November 2017
Unmasking Brain Injury - Alaska 2017От Annette Alfonsi October 2017
Bicycle Mechanic SchoolОт Scott Menzies September 2017
Enhancing Playback Theatre for Underserved YouthОт Sarah Finnell, Breadcrumbs Theatre Company, Fairbanks August 2017
Cedar Bark net making instructionОт Jacinthe TwoBulls July 2017
FCM Outdoor PlaygroundОт Abigail Van Patter, Fairbanks Children's Museum June 2017
Hoonah Imagination LibraryОт Nicki Shelton May 2017
Jim Bell SongbookОт Sarah E Mitchell April 2017
Lakeside Learning LabОт Jena Piacenti, 6th Grade Teacher, Sand Lake Elementary March 2017
Read On the Fly - Books for traveling kidsОт Erin Kirkland February 2017
Stickers for Conservation!От Luc Mehl January 2017
Youth on Record AlaskaОт Cody Davidson December 2016
Mountain View Post MagazineОт Kirsten Swann October 2016
Portable Front Porch ProjectОт Meg Zaletel - Anchorage Community House LLC September 2016
Central Urban FarmОт Cindee Karns August 2016
Guys and Gals Read, Inc.От Greg Hill July 2016
Establishing a Natural Sound Monitoring ProgramОт Scott McEwen June 2016
The Velella ProjectОт L. Saunders McNeill May 2016
South Peninsula Syringe ExchangeОт Catriona Reynolds April 2016
The Alaskan Invasive and Native Paper ProjectОт Desiree Hagen March 2016
Haines HarvestОт Sally Boisvert March 2016
12% Happier ClassОт Susie Amundson January 2016
Books About TownОт Rotary Club of Homer Downtown December 2015
AmtgardОт Rowyn Cunningham November 2015
Tracing Roots: A Weaver's Journey Film OutreachОт Ellen Frankenstein October 2015
more color for kidsОт Sara Tabbert September 2015
Forget Me Not MovementОт Forget Me Not, Inc. August 2015
Mobile Mending VardoОт Keren Lowell/Mobile Mending July 2015
Get the Veggie Truck rolling!От Kaiyuh Cornberg June 2015
Awesome Alaska: Making Alaska an even more awesome place one $1000 grant at a time.
We’re here to help. Ten awesome individuals, artists, writers, entrepreneurs, business wizards, and all-around smart folks want to get behind your idea. We’re the names, brains, and money to catalyze your fabulous project.
Who we are:
- Ken Castner - Proximity theorist
- Rand Hagenstein - conservationist, aspiring agrarian and charcutier, super-voter
- Anne Hanley - Playwright, Producer of The Winter Bear Project, first-time grandmother, fan of awesomeness in all forms
- Owen Hanley - Pulmonary physician (ret), skier, biker, runner and clean air advocate.
- Nancy Lord - Environmental writer
- Paula Martin - entomologist, educator, consultant and writer
- Joe Martin - mariner, bicyclist, and fixer of things
- Dorli McWayne - flutist, teacher of flutists from 6 to 60+, conductor, four-season runner.
- Jo Michalski - Retired entrepreneur, community activist, parent, grandmother and 46 year Alaskan.
- Peter Michalski - lawyer, mediator, former judge, believer in community
- John Mouw - lover of food, reading, community and life.
- Rika Mouw - artist and passionate advocate for nature and wild places.
- Kesler Woodward - painter, art historian, curator, and token artist on boards, commissions, panels, and task forces in Alaska and the West.
- Neil Wagner - entrepreneur of multifarious ventures who loves nature, travel and gardening
- Kyra Wagner - an enthusiastic person of place
- Anne Wilkas - Lifelong learner, eater, conservationist and outdoor enthusiast
- Evie Witten - ecologist, entrepreneur, enthusiastic harvester and fermenter, and sporadic potter
- Erin Hollowell – dean – poet first and foremost, planter/nurturer of seeds and ideas, champion for the written word
Who we fund:
- Do you qualify for a PFD? (And if you don’t know what a permanent fund dividend is, you’re not an Alaskan – in other words, we only fund current Alaskans who qualify for a dividend.)
- Folks with absolutely awesome ideas that have impact, surprise, and ingenuity.
- Note: we reserve the right to not award a grant during any period during which the Trustees do not receive a proposal that fits their standards.
Things to consider in your application:
- Proposals are due on the 15th of the month, decisions are rendered by the end of the month. All unsuccessful proposals are then deleted.
- How is $1000 going to make a difference to your project, you as an individual, and Alaska as a community?
- What makes your project unique?
- If your idea is time-sensitive, please apply at least 60 days in advance and make sure that you let us know your “deadline.”
Got a question? Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask away!