Guiding the youth of today, for the community of tomorrow.
The Next Cast Youth Fishing Program was launched with the focus of working with 10 to 13 year old children selected from the community. We're not only teaching them how to fish but how to explore and face new challenges, make new friends and to strengthen their confidence.
• 20 local youth participants
• 1.5 hour in-class sessions, once a week for 6-weeks
• Sessions teach the fundamentals to the more advanced practices
• 2 special guests will be invited to present on a specific topic
• Hands on skill based exercises and casting practice will also be incorporated to keep participants entertained and focused
• Take home fishing material will be provided over the 6 weeks
• Fishing gear to keep upon completion
At the end of the 6-week sessions, we have 10 local anglers who have volunteered to guide the participants in a full scale Bass Fishing Tournament which is followed by a lakeside Pizza party. This is the perfect opportunity to get hands on experience to apply their new knowledge and use their gear.
I have been asked why I am doing this and why I am doing this for free, the purpose of this is to give back. The heart of the program and focus is on the under privileged youth in our community, for the most part they are unable to get out or have not had the opportunity to go fishing for various reasons. If the interest in learning how to fish is there, I want to provide the platform to teach them the skills and give them the tools.
The Next Cast Youth Fishing Program was developed to teach and encourage young people to get out and enjoy this favored past time. Over the years there seems to be a drop in the next generation getting involved in fishing or the outdoors in general.
The goal of this FREE program is to supply not only the knowledge but also the tools required to fish. Each participant receives the gear they will require to continue fishing upon completion of the program.
Fondos becados por Kingston, ON (May 2018)