Sophia Oldford is bringing the concepts of zero waste and upcycling together by creating and selling useful fabric creations made from recycled clothing. Initially she will focus on turning used men’s dress shirts into aprons and small accessories for eco-conscious adults.
Her goals for this project are:
1) Extend the useful life of discarded textiles to minimize the environmental impact of their initial creation
2) Reduce the amount of textiles going to landfill
3) Start a business that can support me
4) Eventually provide employment for other sewers, similar to the Suttles and Seawinds model
5) Provide a reason to smile while doing house chores
Financé par Annapolis, NS (June 2019)