In Washington, DC, bicycles are essential transportation for many who need to get around during the coronavirus outbreak. This may include traveling to essential jobs, running crucial errands, or participating in mutual aid for vulnerable people who cannot leave their homes. BikeMatchDC is connecting people in DC who have an extra bicycle with people who need one. Whether you have a bike or need a bike, fill out the form below and we will match you.
1. Only offer bikes that are in ready-to-ride condition.
2. If you are offering a bike, for sanitary purposes, clean the bike thoroughly before hand-off (handlebars, gear shifters, seat, etc) with soap and water or isopropyl alcohol.
3. Both people offering and receiving bikes will be expected to participate in an outdoor, no-contact exchange in a public place observing physical distancing guidelines.
4. If you have a fever or cough, or have been exposed to someone who has a fever or cough, please self-quarantine and refrain from participating.
5. For sanitary purposes, all bike exchanges are permanent.
BikeMatchDC only has the bandwidth to make matches inside the Beltway. This includes Washington, D.C., Arlington and Alexandria, Va., and the inner suburbs of Montgomery and Prince Georges County, Md.
Подкрепен от Washington, DC (July 2020)